Yes, people! I BOUGHT these books with MONEY! For the past week, I decided to go crazy and buy books. Yeah. Me. Buy books. It’s unheard of! There’s this really cool secondhand book shop that I went to, and they had a great collection and the books were in extremely good condition! For a few of them, it’s like they weren’t even read. In fact, they’re probably new and the owners just marked down the price. Here’s a picture:
See, they had this whole section with “popular” books like City of Bones and The Lost Hero. They had Veronica Roth and John Green (I’ve yet to read his books, but they have a lot of publicity. Do you like them?) and Stephenie Meyer and even Ally Condie’s books! They were only a few dollars less than the original sale price, but still!
I read most of the books that I bought, but I’ve been wanting to expand my book collection. So here are the books I purchased:
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I read this but I haven’t finished the series. I can’t wait to read City of Fallen Angels!
- The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. I read this and was so excited to do so because it was the spinoff to PJO!!! Who wouldn’t be excited?! Unless, y’know… you didn’t like them…
- Inkheart by Cornelia Funk. I love Cornelia Funk’s books! I read her Inkheart trilogy and then I found The Thief Lord and fell in love with it. It was different from what I usually read.
- Blue Moon by Alyson Noel. I haven’t read this, but I read Evermore and for some reason, decided to buy the second book in the series… It better be good is all I can say about it. 😀 I, er… lost my review for Evermore… it was during my little break and I put it somewhere and haven’t seen it since. I’ll wing it! XD
- Scumble by Ingrid Law. I also haven’t read this book, but I read the first in the series and it was great! I wrote up a review for Savvy (the first book) actually, on here, but it was one of my first reviews when I didn’t know what the heck I was doing, so… er… do me a favor and don’t read the review. It’s embarrassing!
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. Read it. Went crazy over it. I remember I found a thirty page preview somewhere online for Mockingjay and didn’t realize that it was only thirty pages, so I totally freaked when I finished it. I was like, “Uhh… WHERE’S THE REST OF IT?!?!?” I can’t wait for the movie!
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Read it, but y’all knew that. 😀
Aren’t they pwetty? Most of my books are in boxes, haha, but they’ll have their spotlight someday on a bookcase of my own! The weird thing that the books are in in the picture is this collapsible… fabric box I got for a dollar. >.< I’m having trouble describing it! But you get the gist.
I had a really hard time choosing what to buy. I couldn’t decide between Catching Fire and Divergent. I didn’t want to go too crazy! But I can’t wait to go back! I need to prepare for the Divergent movie. Have you seen the trailer?
I have a few book reviews coming, including my review for Clockwork Princess, which I finished in, like, the beginning of August. I have about five pieces of paper with ALL of my thoughts on the book scribbled on there. In the margins, just everywhere. I’m going to summarize those papers, because I doubt you want to hear me drone on and on about how much I loved CP haha!
I also have a review for City of Glass to write. My notes are actually sitting in front of me… but I’ll do it later… LOL.
Catcha later! I hope you enjoyed this book haul where I actually purchased the books. Teeheehee…