I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Stefani @ Caught Read Handed and The Resurgent Bookworm! Thanks, guys!!! Y’all are awesome 😀 This is an award usually given to bloggers with under 300 followers as an opportunity for readers to learn more about them.
Here are the rules:
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you.
- Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers with less than 300 followers. You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.
- Go to their blog and tell them that they have been nominated!
11 Facts About Me:
- My reading schedule varies drastically—sometimes I can read 200 pages in a day, sometimes I’ll read 20 pages in a day. Usually it isn’t like that, though, and I read almost every day.
- I’ve become obsessed with Cassandra Jean’s artwork for Cassandra Clare’s The Mortal Instruments.
- I have a really, really basic phone. With a numeric pad, and everything, LOL.
- My at-home TBR pile is slowly decreasing. I’ve been getting through books faster than usual (“faster than usual” right now means “my normal reading pace” from last year ). My goal for this year is to hopefully read all of the books I own that haven’t been read.
- I have this thing with notebooks where I’m constantly changing what I’m going to use it for. So, if I decide to use a notebook for reviews, that only lasts for about two days before I start using it for writing, or for lists of my favorite music. And whenever I make that change, I always have to tear out all the used pages. Don’t ask.
- I went through a phase when every day, I would change my handwriting. *shakes head* I’m indecisive…
- I’ve been using the same case for my iPod since the day after Christmas of 2011.
- I always listen to music playlists at night to sleep. There’s this one playlist on Songza which I’ve been obsessed with for years, called “The Smiths & More.” I think the playlist is only available on their mobile app, though, because I can’t find it on the computer. If you do use Songza, definitely check out this playlist.
- I love shirts that show things that I like, like my Quarter Quell shirt or my Green Day shirt. I’m always excited to wear them 😀
impatientlywaiting for the release of City of Heavenly Fire. I’m scared about deaths, though. Especially since I saw something on Pinterest… now I’m even MORE scared -.-
- I’m curious about how YouTube videos are made and edited and uploaded and stuff. That’s one of the things that runs through my mind every time I watch something on YouTube, haha.
Because I was nominated by two lovely bloggers, I’m going to answer both of their questions!
1. Why did you start blogging? Did you read a book that pushed you into it like I did?
I started blogging because I wanted to share this Harry Potter fanfiction I’d written. It probably wasn’t the best writing in the world (you should have seen my original notes—no paragraphs, no chapters, WORDS EVERYWHERE), but I wrote like crazy, and it was pretty long. I then started writing my second (finished) fanfiction, and that took me five months. I needed something else to blog about during that time, because I really didn’t want to abandon the blog. So, I got the idea to start doing book reviews!
2. What’s your least favorite book-to-movie adaptation? Most favorite?
My least favorite? A Series of Unfortunate Events didn’t go very well. My most favorites are the Harry Potter movies. I remember always being so joyful when I noticed that ABC Family was doing the HP marathon 😀 My most recent favorite, however, is the Divergent movie. That movie… it made me laugh, made me tear up, gave me chills. It was amazing.
3. If you could live inside any book, what would it be?
I’m not choosing any dystopian books, because despite the fact that there is conflict in every book, dystopian conflict is not my type. I’d probably have a breakdown living like that. Aside from my obvious choice, HP, I would really like to live in the Bloodlines world! OMG what if I got my own Adrian? 😀 😀 😀
4. What’s your go-to book to reread?
I actually haven’t reread a book in a long time, but honestly, my go-to book to reread would be something of Lauren Myracle’s. Anything, really. She’s one of my absolute favorite authors (I’ve said that a million times, haven’t I?).
5. What’s your most recently read favorite book?
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. I just started Never Fade, and I’m already getting the case of the feels 😄
6. If you could meet any author, dead or alive, who would it be?
Rick Riordan would definitely be fun to meet! Of course, I’d probably get really nervous and contemplate backing out (that happened to me once on this ride at an amusement park—and it probably wasn’t even that scary).
7. Who is your favorite book boyfriend/girlfriend?
You already know about Adrian, so let’s go with Daemon Black from the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. That boy ❤ Of course, I could make you a whole list of my book boyfriends 😀
8. Where is your favorite place to read? Do you have a book nook/reading chair? Do you read in bed?
I don’t really have a specific place to read. I can read anywhere, I think, given that it isn’t too noisy. I read on the couch in the living room, my bed, the chair at the table. Anywhere that’s a comfortable reading environment. I totally wish I had this, though:
9. Have you ever bought a book based just on its cover? Were you disappointed?
I usually don’t buy books just based on the cover, because normally when I go to the bookstore, I’m on a mission to find a certain book. I do this at the library, though. One of the books I’ve picked up based on its beautiful cover was Fallen by Lauren Kate. Didn’t really enjoy it, probably because of the female protagonist’s Bella-like tendencies.
10. Do you have one book that you attribute for creating your love of reading?
Hmm… I’m not sure, really. I don’t remember too much about my past way, way back with reading. I remember that in my first and second grade classes, our teacher would bring out this “library” at a certain time of year, which was really just a plastic box with some books in it, like Black Beauty and books like that. It was really exciting for us because she would make us “library cards,” and we got to take the books home in big Ziploc bags and she would give us rules like, “Don’t read at the dinner table” or “make sure you wash your hands before you read the books.” It taught us how to respect books and etc.
I don’t know if this experience really created my love of reading, but I was always encouraged to read.
11. Because I’m a wanderer at heart: if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
This probably sounds cliché, but I really would love to travel to England, and it’s because of Harry Potter. That series opened so many new doors for me and gave me so many new ideas.
The Resurgent Bookworm’s Questions:
1. What made you start blogging?
My love of writing stories made me start blogging. Although I’ve stopped uploading stories to my blog, I’m still always thinking of ideas and writing on my laptop 😀
2. One author whom you absolutely adore (to the extent where you’ll pick a fight with someone who criticizes that author)?
J.K. Rowling. Haha, yeah, I know a few people who criticize her and her books, dismissing them as “stupid” when they haven’t even picked one up. And I’m like:
3. Is there any book which you picked up based on the blurb but then felt let down when you actually read it?
I was pretty disappointed with The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers, but the sequel was pretty good.
4. How did it all start? What is the one book that set you on the path to being a bookworm?
I’m really not sure what book it was that made me love reading. I loved reading as a kid, and the love for reading kind of dimmed when I got a little older, but then it blossomed again. And then it exploded and left behind me, a bookwormy fangirl who is running out of space for her books 😀
5. Your take on all genres—should people be open to all types or content with their favorites?
Here’s my opinion: Reading should be an enjoyable hobby. It shouldn’t be a task. To be able to enjoy it, you have to find what suits your taste, or what genres you like. I don’t think it would hurt to be open to other genres, however. I haven’t read many genres, as I tend to stick to middle grade or YA. But one day, when I feel like it, I’ll read adult books and maybe even NA. But really, I think people should read what they’re most comfortable with.
6. The top three books you would recommend to any bookworm willing to listen (like myself, for example)?
Here are three random books that I enjoyed:
- True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet by Lola Douglas
- Thief Eyes by Janni Lee Simner
- The Originals by Cat Patrick
Go check these out!!!
7. Your most favorite and least favorite book-to-movie adaptations?
The Percy Jackson attempts were my least favorite. I’m sorry. But when I saw the brunette Annabeth, I was like, “Who dis?” LOL. My most favorite (along with Divergent) is The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Another brilliantly done movie. Am I the only one who’s Team Gale?
You know what other movie was bad? I just thought of it: Inkheart. Okay, the books? BRILLIANT. Cornelia Funke is amazing, and I love her books. Absolutely adore. The movie? Ehh….
At the author signing I went to a while back, even Cornelia Funke said she wanted to die when she saw the movie. They changed SO MUCH! Maybe because they weren’t planning on making a sequel…? I don’t know. All I know is, that movie was highly disappointing compared to the amazing books.
8. Movies or TV shows you would watch a hundred times?
I don’t watch too much TV, but I love Monk, House M.D., old reruns of General Hospital (I’m not too crazy about these new episodes. *GH spoilers* AND I CAN’T BELIEVE AJ’S GONE!!! FOR REALS THIS TIME! *end of spoilers*), Nashville, George Lopez, House of Anubis (wasn’t too crazy about the third season of that show, but I loved the first and second seasons).
9. Have you ever wanted to be a character from a book?
So many times. You don’t know how many times I’ve wished I could wield magic or a weapon and be a warrior or something 😀 I used to collect sticks that were awesome wands and I even made my own paper wands during my HP obsession.
10. It’s raining cats and dogs outside and you have run out of books. What would you do?
Well, if we’re talking about physical books, I’d pull out my Kindle and read one of the many freebies on there, lol. Though, on Christmas, I accidentally bought World After by Susan Ee, so… I’d read that!
But if we’re talking about running out of every form of reading material, I’d probably listen to music or write or something. Or catch up on my favorite shows 😀
11. What are your guilty pleasures in books/TV/movies/even food?
I don’t know if I have any “guilty pleasures” that have to do with what’s listed above. I suppose for books, I wouldn’t mind rereading Twilight. That’s the only book from that series I really enjoyed. Eclipse wasn’t so bad, either, but New Moon and Breaking Dawn were disasters for me.
For TV, Star-Crossed is becoming a guilty pleasure, haha. It’s so cheesy! I just saw yesterday’s episode, and good GAWD, could Emery get any more cliché? Ooh, remember High School Musical? She reminded me of Gabriella from the second movie.
Can’t think of any guilty pleasure movies… but one of my guilty pleasure foods are Cheez-It crackers. I love those things. I could eat a whole box by myself. Heh.
WOOOOW that was long! And we’re still not finished! I still have to nominate some peeps and ask them some questions:
1. Do you have a favorite decade for music? Do you enjoy today’s music?
2. What is the first electronic you received/bought?
3. What do you think is the best post you’ve written?
4. What do you do when you feel overwhelmed with too much stuff to do?
5. What are your favorite books/foods/music at the moment?
6. Did you ever have a bad habit that you overcame? (Mine was biting my nails!)
7. If time machines were created, what year would you travel to? Why?
8. What was the first social networking site you joined?
9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
10. What book have you read that, upon finishing the book, you thought, “This had potential, but there were a lot of things I would change”?
11. What is your favorite Internet radio app? (I’m in love with Spotify!)
Y’all are awesometastical if you read all of this! This was one loooong post 😀 Once again, thank you to the bloggers who nominated me for this award! And nominees, if you participate, have fun with the questions!