I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award! I’m so happy to have received this award again, and I’m grateful that I have amazing readers who enjoy my posts 😀 I was nominated by the wonderful Topaz, go check her out, she’s awesome!
11 Facts About Me:
1. I’ve probably rearranged my bookshelf four times since I got it. I also made a list of all the series that I only own the first books to, and what books I need to buy to complete those series.
2. I’m pretty obsessed with pocket watches. The obsession originated years and years ago when, in first grade, this boy brought a pocket watch to school. Since then, every time I see a pocket watch, I go a little crazy, haha! (I still don’t own one…)
3. I used to have quite a few movies from my childhood on VHS, but now I only have one, Finding Nemo.
4. Recently, I’ve become obsessed with YouTube. I’ve gained so many favorite YouTubers, and it hasn’t even been a week! Who’s your favorite YouTuber?
5. I love it when my pen ink blots. In fact, sometimes I try to make it blot, and I have no idea why.
6. I still own CDs from years ago and know exactly where they are. Actually, I have a CD case/holder thing that has old sticker adhesive left behind by Rugrats stickers that the CDs currently reside in. Though I don’t know why I put Rugrats stickers on it… that show has always kind of freaked me out…
7. Going to the library is probably one of my favorite parts of the week ^.^
8. I’m a list maker. Oh, yes. When I was younger, I had always wanted an iPod (one of the old models, I think, like the Classic. I didn’t know of any other ones, haha), so I constantly, constantly made long, more-than-one-page lists of my favorite songs. I even kept a notebook with all of my favorite songs! I’ve probably made a hundred music lists.
9. … *trying to think of something more to add* For the first few electronics I owned, like my first iPod and phone, I was not the person to first drop them. If I remember correctly, my friend is the person who first dropped my iPod, leaving a dent in it before I got a case, and my mom was the first person to drop my phone, lol.
10. I still have my DS Lite, which still works, miraculously. It’s got a minor problem with the top screen, but that’s all, and I’ve had it for nearly seven years. THAT IS QUALITY. Because I’ve never had a case for that thing, and oh, the many times I’ve dropped it.
11. Haha, speaking of Nintendo’s DS, do you remember PictoChat? That pre-downloaded software on the DS? My friends and I were all over PictoChat XD Any time we were all together (because we didn’t have phones, lol), we would use PictoChat. Le sigh. All these memories… 😀
I hope that was somewhat insightful! (As I proofread this, I realize that my “facts” mostly revolve around my technology experiences, haha.) XD Moving on…
1. Who is your absolute favorite author?
I can’t even decide. There are so many brilliant authors to choose from! J.K. Rowling, Rick Riordan, Lauren Myracle, Cassandra Clare, Marie Rutkoski, Richelle Mead, Wendy Mass, Ann M. Martin, R.L. Stine… I genuinely cannot give an answer to that without feeling terribly conflicted.
2. What inspired you to begin reading/writing?
This is a toughie… I always wanted to read, even when I couldn’t read. Before I could actually read well, my parents got me short chapter books, and I would go off to “read” them to go back to my parents five minutes later to tell them I was finished with the book, when I maybe understood a few words on each page, haha. They found it amusing, though 😀
Reading, for me, had always kind of been an off and on situation. I don’t remember a time like this one, when I was always reading. I did read for fun, though, and my classrooms always had books available.
I have no idea what inspired me to write. Maybe my reading inspired my writing. I started writing short stories during class years ago, using lined paper, and later I would use my teacher’s stapler to turn my story into a “book.” I still have all of my short stories from back then!
3. What kind of music do you listen to?
Wrong question to ask me! 😀 I listen to lots of music, like Paramore, Lana Del Rey (so excited for her new album, by the way!), Breaking Benjamin, Daughtry, Evanescence, Flyleaf, etc. I guess I listen to alternative?
4. What is your favorite dessert?
Probably chocolate chip ice cream 😀 I love cheesecake, though!
5. Favorite color? Why?
Hmm… I actually haven’t thought of my favorite color in a long time. It used to be purple and I think it still is.
6. What do you do when you’re stressed?
I read, because reading is like an escape. I also listen to my favorite music, which probably doesn’t help with its angsty stress-y-ness. Sometimes I even write when I’m stressed, because I think if you’re going through something, and if you incorporate that into your stories, your experiences make the story more realistic. 🙂
7. What blogs do you follow?
What’s with these crazy questions?! Lol, I follow many blogs. Many, as in many. There are so many terrific bloggers out there, and I enjoy all their posts ^.^
8. Would you rather visit the future or the past?
With all these dystopian books I’ve been reading, they’re kind of making me reluctant to want to visit the future >.< I think, right now, I’d visit the past, to see what things were like. Not too far into the past, though. (You guys already know what decade I’d visit if I could, haha!)
9. Cats or dogs?
I can’t choose! I think… dogs. Don’t get me wrong, I love cats, too, but dogs… they’re dogs. I love dogs.
10. Any favorite quotes?
I have a few, but I’ll show you this one:
“If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” –J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
11. Favorite place in the world?
I think my room…? Haha, I have no idea. I have yet to find my favorite place in the world. Favorite fictional place? Hogwarts easily fills that slot 😀 But I do have several other favorite fictional places. I don’t think I’d want to live in any dystopian society, though 😛
And those are the questions! Here are my nominees:
These are all fantastic bloggers and I enjoy their reading their posts so much 😀 Nominees, if you choose to participate, my questions to you are:
1. Do you have a certain way of arranging your bookshelves? Do you arrange them alphabetically, etc.?
2. What are some of the things you’re most anticipating in 2014?
3. What are your top three pet peeves?
4. What was your favorite childhood book series?
5. Do you have a favorite poster on your wall?
6. What is one book you are having trouble reading? What’s the longest amount of time it’s taken you to finish a book?
7. What are three amazing books you’d recommend to anyone?
8. Name a band/singer you enjoyed listening to when you were younger.
9. What are your favorite things about blogging?
10. What is a book you liked more than you expected to? A book that you were disappointed in?
11. What book did you read for school that you disliked? What book did you read from school that you were surprised to like?
Those are your questions! I hope you have a good time answering them 🙂 Once again, thank you to Topaz, who nominated me for this award 🙂