That title got a bit confusing there for a sec, lol.
Hey, guys! I’m back with another tag, which I decided to do right away so I didn’t forget about it like, um, my last tag…
This tag is the Book Blogger Test, and I was tagged by the awesome Stefani @ Caught Read Handed. Let’s get started!
1. What are your top three book pet hates?
- Lengthy descriptions of a character’s clothing.
- Weak female leads — It’s awesome that, more and more, we’re seeing leading female characters in YA books taking charge. I can see a bunch of books on my shelves right now that contain awesome female protagonists. I think it’s a really important thing to have in YA literature.
2. Describe your perfect reading spot.
If I had a window seat with maybe a built in shelf for books, that would be my dream. You don’t know how much I’d stay there. Oh, and the shelf should have a panel that you pull out in front of it to protect the books from the sun’s harmful rays.
But in reality, I can read pretty much everywhere. I’ve read books in an environment with loud children, loud libraries, etc., and I’m usually alright to read 😀
3. Tell us three book confessions.
- I wasn’t careful with my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, which is the first HP book I read, and I reread it so many times, totally cracking the spine. Also, the same happened with my copy of Order of the Phoenix, which makes me really sad 😦
The only Shakespeare play I’ve read and liked was Hamlet.
- I still haven’t finished reading The Shadowhunter’s Codex, which I started reading on… Christmas of 2013… yeah…
4. When was the last time you cried during a book?
Reading City of Heavenly Fire made me cry. I suffered. But I enjoyed it XD
5. How many books are on your bedside table?
It’s funny, because I usually don’t keep books on my bedside table (but I’m totally cool to keep everything on my bed—my laptop, my books, my review notes, a flashlight…), but I haven’t put away the two library books I got recently, which are Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater and Of Neptune by Anna Banks. WHY DO HER BOOKS HAVE SUCH AMAZING COVERS, OMG.
6. What is your favorite snack to eat while you are reading?
I usually don’t eat while I read, mainly because it’s distracting and I’m afraid of crumbs getting on my books and stuff. I’m afraid of other people touching my books.
7. Name three books you would recommend to anyone.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins — I think this is an easy yet gripping read. The author’s writing style is really simple, but her plot is complex. It’s not too long, either, and I was desperate for the next book by the time I got to reading this!
- The Cabinet of Wonders by Marie Rutkoski — I can’t really tell you much about this book, because I read it about four or five years ago, but I loved it so much. Just go check it out, because it is worth the read.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee — I didn’t expect to like this book at all, but oh my god, this book is amazing. I pretty much devoured it.
8. Show us a picture of your favorite shelf on your bookcase.
I actually have two favorite shelves:
Good grief, I hadn’t realized how blurry that picture was. I fail at life. XD Anyway, these are my favorite shelves. The top shelf has books that I’ve recently discovered and loved, and about half of the second shelf also has books I’ve discovered recently (as in the last couple of years), but the other half of the bottom shelf has books that I enjoyed when I was a bit younger.
9. Write how much books mean to you in three words.
Yummy brain food 😀 Okay, that was bad, I know. I spent about ten minutes trying to come up with something clever-sounding, and this is what popped up in my head. What goes on up there? I’m laughing so hard… But it’s true! Books feed my overactive imagination, and I get to live so many lives through them and go on so many adventures that can’t physically harm me (I’m not sure if I’m the spontaneous adventure type of person… maybe!), haha. I grow to love characters, collect book boyfriends in my basement—uh, I mean, I meet book boyfriends… I don’t collect them… that would be, um, crazy.
Tee hee 😀
But seriously, books mean so much to me. Actually, my two-year “anniversary” of when I started going to the library on a regular basis is coming up (June 25th!), and I find it amazing that I still go to the library every week, after two years. That’s a long time!
10. What is your biggest reading secret?
I don’t know if this is my biggest reading secret, but I’m always scared of reading really hyped series (unless I already like the author or have already started the series) because I’m worried that I won’t like the books as much as others. Do any of you guys ever feel like this?
Awesome Humans I’m Tagging:
Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books
Mariel @ All the Books!
Bella @ Ciao Bella!
I don’t know if y’all have already done this tag, but if you haven’t, go for it! Everyone can do it! If you do choose to participate, leave your link down below and I’ll be sure to check it out 😀 Or, leave your answers in the comments!
Thanks for reading,