So I saw this really cool thing going around the internet (kind of…) called the iPod Shuffle Game: A Lyrical Poem. It seems really cool, and I love these types of games, so I’m going to do it!
I’m going to modify this slightly by using Spotify, because all of the music from my iPod is years old, and I haven’t actually listened to those songs in a really long time. So, Spotify! Let’s go!
I wrote this song for my father
Oh no, I just keep on falling
Smiles and her laughter
I breathe you in with smoke in the backyard lights
Your magic, white rabbit
I know I’ve been mistaken
If I was Jay-Z, you’d be my Beyoncé
Screaming on the inside, I am frail and withered
We could just go home right now
It’s taken a lifetime to lose my way
Well… that came out interestingly. Here are the songs I used:
- Free Now by Sleeping With Sirens — “I wrote this song for my father”
- Born For This by Paramore — “Oh no, I just keep on falling”
- Emily by From First To Last — “Smiles and her laughter”
- Bulletproof Love by Pierce The Veil — “I breathe you in with smoke in the backyard lights”
- White Rabbit by Egypt Central — “Your magic, white rabbit”
- Right Here by Staind — “I know I’ve been mistaken”
- Boomerang by The Summer Set — “If I was Jay-Z, you’d be my Beyoncé”
- Into The Nothing by Breaking Benjamin — “Screaming on the inside, I am frail and withered”
- Here’s To Us by Halestorm — “We could just go home right now”
- Fix Me by 10 Years — “It’s taken a lifetime to lose my way”
That was pretty fun, though! I love doing music games like this. Have you ever done this? If not, you should! Also, do you recognize any of these artists/songs? Let me know in the comments!
Oh, and good luck to anyone who’s participating in BookTubeathon!!!