Hello, everyone, and happy Tuesday! Today I’m going to be blogging about the One Lovey Blog Award, which I was nominated for by Yvo @ It’s All About Books and A.D. Martin @ A.D. Martin. Thank you so much for the nominations! I’ve never been nominated for this award until now, so I’m excited to participate. 😀 I won’t be nominating anyone this time around, unfortunately, as I know for some, they are busy with school and such. But just know that you all have fantastic blogs and I love your content. 😀
1. You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. You must list the rules and display the award.
3. You must add 7 facts about yourself.
4. You must nominate 5-15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they’ve been nominated.
5. You must follow the blogger who nominated you.
Now that that’s all out of the way, let’s move onto some facts about me:
1. I learned to type when I was around nine or ten because my friends and I were all obsessed with this website where you could make a character and have virtual chats. I can’t remember what it was called, but our lives pretty much revolved around that site! And I remember being frustrated about thinking that I’d never learn to type, so it really helped me learn without making things too aggravating.
2. I go through short periods when all I’ll read is fanfiction. These last for a few days, but I’ve found some great fanfics (mostly Harry Potter), that I remember to this day (I read them a few years ago). Some of my favorites include:
– The Heir to Prince Manor by Snapegirlkmf (find sequel here)
– An Exquisite Pain by Not Enough Answers (find sequels here and here)
3. I usually never wear my hair down, especially in the summer. I find that it always gets in the way!
4. I got my first electronic that I got to keep all to myself (other than the clunky radio I had) in 2007, and it was my Nintendo DS Lite, which I still own, and it still works. 😀 This August marked my seven year anniversary for having this thing! (PictoChat was also mine and my friends’ way of “texting” each other because we didn’t have phones. XD)
5. I’ve never actually dropped my laptop until two seconds ago. My laptop was on my sheets, and I was getting off the bed. Unfortunately, my foot was caught in the sheets, and down fell my precious laptop. D: Luckily, all is well.
6. The first Harry Potter fanfiction I wrote was written so messily, I’m surprised I was even able to decipher it! There were no paragraphs, no chapters, notes all in the margins. Disastrous, haha. But at least I was writing! I kept it all in this portfolio and it made me feel very… authorly.
I have a feeling this was when my Harry Potter obsession was at its peak! XD As you can see, I adorned this portfolio (I really wasn’t kidding when I said I kept my HP fanfics in a portfolio) with a bunch of the HP characters’ names in black Sharpie marker. Yep.
And these are the first drafts of my first Harry Potter fanfiction. I wrote it all out by hand, because at the time, I didn’t own a laptop. The first page I wrote on is dated 2/29/12. I’m so glad to know that I at least dated the first page. I was horrible about dating papers back then, which disappoints me because now when I look back on all this stuff, I’ll have no idea when it was written! (Moral of this story: Date your papers!!!)
7. I enjoy knitting and crocheting, and though I haven’t crocheted in a very long time, I’ve been knitting myself a scarf every time I pop a DVD into my laptop. It’s very relaxing!
That’s all for now, and thank you so much for this nomination! I had fun making this post, and reading others’ posts on this award.