Hey, everyone! I hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving 😀 A couple days ago was the last day of BookBlogWriMo, and I can’t believe it’s coming to an end! I did miss some posts toward the end, but I think I did alright. It’s been a little crazy, and I’ve been doing a lot of homework, and after all of that, I really didn’t feel like typing! I’ll reply to any comments and catch up with your posts soon, but for now, it’s time for me to catch up on my own posts! XD Let’s get started! 11/26 — Cheating On Books: TV and Movies
This is pretty easy for me to answer, because I don’t actually follow any shows at the moment. It’s really hard for me to follow TV shows for some reason… I have no idea why! But that doesn’t mean I don’t cheat on books… with the internet xD I haven’t been reading nearly as much as I used to, and I don’t know why. I haven’t been in the mood to pick up a book D: Hopefully this changes, but I have no idea when it will.
11/27 — Authors You’re Thankful For
I am thankful for so many authors. I think I’ll make a list of my top five, because if I don’t limit myself to that, the list will never end!
- Ann M. Martin & R.L. Stine: Ann M. Martin is the author of The Baby-Sitters Club, and R.L. Stine is the author of the Goosebumps books, two series that really opened me up to the world of reading toward the end of elementary school. I loved these series, and I read several books from them. They were mysterious and relatable and amazing! I’d totally go back to read them.
- J.K. Rowling: I think JKR was a given—she’s incredible. Harry Potter is one of my favorite series ever, and I’m so thankful to have read it. I can’t even put my feelings into words, but thank you, J.K. Rowling. Thank you 😀
- Lauren Myracle: Lauren Myracle’s books are fantastic. Simply amazing! I’ve only had a bad experience with one of them, but the rest were perfection. I’ll always be a huge fan of her stories, and whenever she releases a new book, I’ll be the first one in line to buy it 😀
- Lauren Roedy Vaughn: As far as I know, Lauren Roedy Vaughn has only written one book, OCD, The Dude, and Me, but it was phenomenal. So, so amazing. Danielle, the main character, was so funny, and Ms. Vaughn also took the time to leave a comment on my review of her book, which was amazing! I was so excited when I saw it, haha. Definitely waiting on her next novel!
- Rick Riordan: This man deserves a round of applause, because his books are simply incredible. I’ve loved nearly every one of them, and I’ve read quite a few of his books. Riordan’s books opened me up to the children’s fantasy genre, and I’ve found quite a few books through the PJO series.
Those are just a few of the authors I’m grateful for! I don’t even know if I could fit all of them into an entire post! xD
11/28 — Book Pet Peeves
I have quite a few bookish pet peeves, but I won’t bore you with a really long list xD
- Mary Sue characters: You guys know what I mean. The character with zero personality, nothing about them stands out, and the only thing they seem capable of doing is acting rashly before thinking. Ahem. I bet you can think of a few characters like this.
- Love triangles: If they’re done right, love triangles can be really good! But… they can also be annoying, especially in the case of certain books, where the main character just strings along one of the people involved the “triangle” for his or her own personal gain. Ugh.
- Main characters: This probably sounds like a really weird pet peeve to have, and you might have heard me mention this before, but I usually don’t like the main characters I read about. I’ve noticing that the majority of the main characters are female characters, so maybe there’s a trait that authors add to their characters that makes me cringe away from them… or maybe it’s coincidental. Or maybe I just prefer reading from the male’s POV!
11/29 — The Future of Your Blog
I really have no idea where this blog is going! I’m starting to think it has a personality of its own, so maybe it’ll take a turn xD I’ll definitely keep blogging about books, but I haven’t been reading much 😦 Alas, there are many other things to blog about, so I won’t leave my blog hanging!
11/30 — #BookBlogWriMo Wrap-Up
#BookBlogWriMo was an amazing “challenge” to participate in! I’d wanted to do something like this last November, but I had limited internet access, so it wasn’t possible at the time. I’m glad I stepped up for the challenge, but I’m also glad that it was so relaxed, so I didn’t have to worry about missing some posts.
Thanks once again to Brittany @ Book Bumblings for creating this really fun challenge and all of the prompts! And now, here are some other #BookBlogWriMo posts from fellow bloggers ^-^
BookBlogWriMo Week 2 — Molly @ Woven Magic Books
BookBlogWriMo Day 29 — the writing hufflepuff @ The Writing Hufflepuff
Let’s get narcissistic! — Sam @ A Blast of Random
#BookBlogWriMo – #ShowMeYourShelves — Laura @ Blue Eye Books
BookBlogWriMo Day 22: Shelfie Time! — Topaz @ YA Asylum
That is all for now! Thank you to everyone who took the time to read my posts, and I’m looking forward to yours! I think I’ll finish up some homework now 😉