Because I’ve been gone for a few months, I decided it would be a good idea to update you guys on my new favorite music, movies and TV shows, YouTubers, etc. I’ll have another post regarding movies and YouTubers, since it’s already going to be pretty lengthy. Any books I’ve read have pretty much been rereads, so I don’t have any new favorites in that category, but I started reading The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin, which a lot of people thought was amazing, so hopefully I like it!
Spotify is still my favorite app for listening to music, and I use it every day, whether I’m trying to go to sleep, on Tumblr, doing the dishes—I always use Spotify. So the discovery of artists who are new to me was inevitable. First, I’ve really been enjoying classic rock lately. Some of my favorites are “Too Late For Love” by Def Leppard, “Still Loving You” by Scorpions, and “Don’t Look Back” by Boston. Those are pretty popular, so you’ve probably heard them too!
Other artists I’ve been loving recently are The Smiths, Lana Del Rey, Marina and the Diamonds, and Elliott Smith. My favorite songs by them are “Half A Person” (The Smiths), “Old Money” (Lana Del Rey), “Better Than That” (Marina and the Diamonds), and “Between The Bars” (Elliott Smith). I actually discovered that song in a movie, which I’ll talk about in part two of this post 😀
A few months ago, my family decided to get Netflix again, and let’s face it: I’m obsessed with Netflix, you’re obsessed with Netflix. We’re all obsessed with Netflix. Here are some shows I’ve been into:
- Everybody Loves Raymond — I’m in love with this show. I’m almost done with season 7, and it’s just a really cute show to watch. My favorite character is probably Robert, because, despite his quirks, he seems like the only normal one in the family 😄
- Melissa & Joey — I used to love this show, and when I saw it was on Netflix, I flipped out. I had to catch up on season 3, and part of season 4 is up, but I think I want to wait for when they put up all the episodes before I start watching season 4 ❤
- Sherlock — I actually didn’t watch Sherlock on Netflix, but I have rewatched some of the episodes (and I convinced my mom to watch them with me!). This show is really fun and suspenseful.
- The 100 — I started this show around the time the first episode premiered, but I wasn’t feeling it, but I started watching it again and it’s fantastic! Season 2 needs to go up already! D:
- Supernatural — I never thought I’d see the day when I would be watching SPN. I have to admit, it was nothing that I thought it would be. The plot is fantastic, and asdfghjkl. I’m on season 6 and have taken a little break from it, but I’m definitely going to get back into it. I guess I just don’t like season 6 Sam >.>
- Pretty Little Liars — Let’s just say I’ve been sucked into a lot of the major TV fandoms. Thank you, Netflix. But seriously, PLL is great. I used to watch it, but I kind of lost track. The characters were annoying, the plot was stressful, but I’ve decided to give it another chance. Plus, I hadn’t ever seen season 1, so that’s where I’m at.
An honorary mention goes to the show Friends, but I only watch it occasionally, when I’m feeling down or if I’m bored with everything else I watch xD
That’s all for this post! Feel free to let me know your favorites, and leave me Netflix recommendations! 😀