Hello, everyone, and happy Tuesday! Today I’m going to be blogging about the One Lovey Blog Award, which I was nominated for by Yvo @ It’s All About Books and A.D. Martin @ A.D. Martin. Thank you so much for the nominations! I’ve never been nominated for this award until now, so I’m excited to participate. 😀 I won’t be nominating anyone this time around, unfortunately, as I know for some, they are busy with school and such. But just know that you all have fantastic blogs and I love your content. 😀
1. You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. You must list the rules and display the award.
3. You must add 7 facts about yourself.
4. You must nominate 5-15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they’ve been nominated.
5. You must follow the blogger who nominated you.
Now that that’s all out of the way, let’s move onto some facts about me:
1. I learned to type when I was around nine or ten because my friends and I were all obsessed with this website where you could make a character and have virtual chats. I can’t remember what it was called, but our lives pretty much revolved around that site! And I remember being frustrated about thinking that I’d never learn to type, so it really helped me learn without making things too aggravating.
2. I go through short periods when all I’ll read is fanfiction. These last for a few days, but I’ve found some great fanfics (mostly Harry Potter), that I remember to this day (I read them a few years ago). Some of my favorites include:
– The Heir to Prince Manor by Snapegirlkmf (find sequel here)
– An Exquisite Pain by Not Enough Answers (find sequels here and here)
3. I usually never wear my hair down, especially in the summer. I find that it always gets in the way!
4. I got my first electronic that I got to keep all to myself (other than the clunky radio I had) in 2007, and it was my Nintendo DS Lite, which I still own, and it still works. 😀 This August marked my seven year anniversary for having this thing! (PictoChat was also mine and my friends’ way of “texting” each other because we didn’t have phones. XD)
5. I’ve never actually dropped my laptop until two seconds ago. My laptop was on my sheets, and I was getting off the bed. Unfortunately, my foot was caught in the sheets, and down fell my precious laptop. D: Luckily, all is well.
6. The first Harry Potter fanfiction I wrote was written so messily, I’m surprised I was even able to decipher it! There were no paragraphs, no chapters, notes all in the margins. Disastrous, haha. But at least I was writing! I kept it all in this portfolio and it made me feel very… authorly.
I have a feeling this was when my Harry Potter obsession was at its peak! XD As you can see, I adorned this portfolio (I really wasn’t kidding when I said I kept my HP fanfics in a portfolio) with a bunch of the HP characters’ names in black Sharpie marker. Yep.
And these are the first drafts of my first Harry Potter fanfiction. I wrote it all out by hand, because at the time, I didn’t own a laptop. The first page I wrote on is dated 2/29/12. I’m so glad to know that I at least dated the first page. I was horrible about dating papers back then, which disappoints me because now when I look back on all this stuff, I’ll have no idea when it was written! (Moral of this story: Date your papers!!!)
7. I enjoy knitting and crocheting, and though I haven’t crocheted in a very long time, I’ve been knitting myself a scarf every time I pop a DVD into my laptop. It’s very relaxing!
That’s all for now, and thank you so much for this nomination! I had fun making this post, and reading others’ posts on this award.
Anyway, because I’ve already recently done the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, I’m not going to be nominating any new blogs (I think most of the people I follow have already been nominated, anyway!), but if you have any questions you’d like me to answer about blogging or books or music or something, leave them in the comments and I’ll make a different post for that!
Part 2: Dilemma
Don’t worry—this has nothing to do with blogging awards (I love blogging awards!). It actually has something to do with books.
I’ve noticed throughout all of 2014, my reading pace has definitely slowed. Of course, I have to take into account that I’ve been busy with school and such. What I’m wondering about is, I’ve seemed to fall into a really strange type of reading slump. I’ll start a book, then I won’t pick it up for days, then I’ll read a bunch of it, then I don’t pick up any books for even more days, and then I’ll finish the book. Then, I’ll start another book, get a few pages in, and not pick it up. It’s like… quicksand, the quicksand being the reading slump (oh, boy, another one of my analogies). So you take a step and you feel really triumphant, and then you put your foot back into the quicksand. And then somehow you manage to get one foot out of the quicksand (getting out is the part where you’re reading a bunch), but then you fall right back into the quicksand.
Wow. That was bad XD But you get the idea, right?
Has something like this ever happened to you? What did you do to get out of this weird cycle? It’s kind of driving me insane O.o
I also wanted to touch on one other thing: Some of you may have noticed that my visits to you blogs have become less and less frequent. Well. That’s my fault. I am just WAY too dependent on the WordPress reader, and for some reason, the reader stopped delivering posts to me from some of the blogs I follow! At first I thought maybe some people were on blogging breaks or something, so I didn’t question it.
But then I would actually manually go into the blog and realize I’ve missed, like, two week’s worth of posts! Gahh, I’m horrible DX
I am so, so sorry! So I’ve been working on slowly catching up to the posts I’ve been missing out on.
Anyway, that’s all for now! Thanks so much to the wonderful bloggers who nominated me for the award. I really appreciate it 😀
Also, what do you think of my reading problem? Let me know!
Hey, everyone! I was nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger award, and I was so excited 😀 I was nominated by two people, actually, which was even more exciting! The bloggers who nominated me are Stefani @ Caught Read Handed and Lily @ wordsweheart. Thanks, guys! I’m so happy for the nomination and am thrilled that you thought of my blog!
Edit: *drums fingers on keyboard* So. This post was supposed to go up hours ago, and I had posted it… and the part that was supposed to show all of my nominees, the most important part of the post… was blank.
NOOOOOOOO. I go into my drafts, and it says there are only two revisions. I look at the revisions, and none of them are what was supposed to go up when I hit publish. Ugh. So then I was in a funk and mad with WordPress. But, hey! It’s a new day, and I’ve still got to nominate some people!
Here are the rules for this award:
1. Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Alright! Here are seven facts about me!
I just got back from vacation and I was able to see some old friends.
I am reading Hex Hall right now and am loving it. Archer ❤
Whenever I’m talking about other bloggers and I type their name, I always check it a million times to make sure I didn’t misspell it or anything!
I currently have 30 unread books on my bookshelf. Well, 33 if you count library books. How about you?
I can’t go a day without turning on my Kindle and listening to Spotify.
My nightly routine is: turn on Spotify. Check WordPress for any new notifications/catch up with other blogs/like, comment, etc. (not that I don’t do this throughout the day XD). Pinterest. YouTube. Stare at the ceiling and wonder why chocolate is called “chocolate,” why sheets are called “sheets,” and why music is called “music.”
I’d like to grow my CD collection. I don’t really buy digital music anymore (which is really inconvenient when I’m going somewhere, because then I’m stuck listening to either what’s on the radio or music that’s on my iPod that I haven’t listened to in years), as I use Internet radio, but I really want to own physical copies of my favorite music.
Bonus Fact: I’m Team Gale. Don’t look at me like that.
My Nominees… Take 2!
Topaz @ Topaz Winters — An amazing young author whose posts always grab my attention and never fail to amuse me 😀 I hope I can read her first book! Her posts always put me in the writing mood!
Mishka @ A Writer’s Life For Me. — Yet another author! I love reading Mishka’s blog, and I love the Progress Reports included at the end of each post.
Chloe @ foodlikecake — Whenever one of her posts pops up in my reader, I’m always excited to see what she’s made next! Those desserts… so mouth watering. I always want to get baking after reading this blog! And the photographs of each new creation totally enhance that 😀
TK @ Chapter TK — A blogger whose thought-provoking posts are always refreshing to read. It’s always a nice treat to read one of her posts (which are always interesting!).
Lynette @ Lynette Noni — It’s author’s galore over here! XD Her posts are always looked-forward to… is that grammatically correct? You know what I mean. Would “highly anticipated” flow better with that sentence?
I highly recommend you check out these bloggers, because they’re awesome… do I need a better reason? 😀
Alright, guys. I’m definitely saving this to drafts before hitting publish this time. I already know the punishment of not doing that >.<
If you, my wonderful nominees, choose to accept this award, then yay! If not, that’s fine, too 😀 Your blogs still inspire me, and I look forward to more awesome posts from you all.
That’s all for now! And thanks again to Stefani and Lily for nominating me for this award! They definitely deserved it, too!
I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award! I’m so happy to have received this award again, and I’m grateful that I have amazing readers who enjoy my posts 😀 I was nominated by the wonderful Topaz, go check her out, she’s awesome!
So, I must give 11 facts about myself, answer Topaz’s questions, nominate some more people, and let them know! Let’s get started!
11 Facts About Me:
1. I’ve probably rearranged my bookshelf four times since I got it. I also made a list of all the series that I only own the first books to, and what books I need to buy to complete those series.
2. I’m pretty obsessed with pocket watches. The obsession originated years and years ago when, in first grade, this boy brought a pocket watch to school. Since then, every time I see a pocket watch, I go a little crazy, haha! (I still don’t own one…)
3. I used to have quite a few movies from my childhood on VHS, but now I only have one, Finding Nemo.
I’ve had this for a looooong time! More than a decade, I think.
4. Recently, I’ve become obsessed with YouTube. I’ve gained so many favorite YouTubers, and it hasn’t even been a week! Who’s your favorite YouTuber?
5. I love it when my pen ink blots. In fact, sometimes I try to make it blot, and I have no idea why.
6. I still own CDs from years ago and know exactly where they are. Actually, I have a CD case/holder thing that has old sticker adhesive left behind by Rugrats stickers that the CDs currently reside in. Though I don’t know why I put Rugrats stickers on it… that show has always kind of freaked me out…
7. Going to the library is probably one of my favorite parts of the week ^.^
8. I’m a list maker. Oh, yes. When I was younger, I had always wanted an iPod (one of the old models, I think, like the Classic. I didn’t know of any other ones, haha), so I constantly, constantly made long, more-than-one-page lists of my favorite songs. I even kept a notebook with all of my favorite songs! I’ve probably made a hundred music lists.
9. … *trying to think of something more to add* For the first few electronics I owned, like my first iPod and phone, I was not the person to first drop them. If I remember correctly, my friend is the person who first dropped my iPod, leaving a dent in it before I got a case, and my mom was the first person to drop my phone, lol.
10. I still have my DS Lite, which still works, miraculously. It’s got a minor problem with the top screen, but that’s all, and I’ve had it for nearly seven years. THAT IS QUALITY. Because I’ve never had a case for that thing, and oh, the many times I’ve dropped it.
11. Haha, speaking of Nintendo’s DS, do you remember PictoChat? That pre-downloaded software on the DS? My friends and I were all over PictoChat XD Any time we were all together (because we didn’t have phones, lol), we would use PictoChat. Le sigh. All these memories… 😀
I hope that was somewhat insightful! (As I proofread this, I realize that my “facts” mostly revolve around my technology experiences, haha.) XD Moving on…
1. Who is your absolute favorite author?
I can’t even decide. There are so many brilliant authors to choose from! J.K. Rowling, Rick Riordan, Lauren Myracle, Cassandra Clare, Marie Rutkoski, Richelle Mead, Wendy Mass, Ann M. Martin, R.L. Stine… I genuinely cannot give an answer to that without feeling terribly conflicted.
2. What inspired you to begin reading/writing?
This is a toughie… I always wanted to read, even when I couldn’t read. Before I could actually read well, my parents got me short chapter books, and I would go off to “read” them to go back to my parents five minutes later to tell them I was finished with the book, when I maybe understood a few words on each page, haha. They found it amusing, though 😀
Reading, for me, had always kind of been an off and on situation. I don’t remember a time like this one, when I was always reading. I did read for fun, though, and my classrooms always had books available.
I have no idea what inspired me to write. Maybe my reading inspired my writing. I started writing short stories during class years ago, using lined paper, and later I would use my teacher’s stapler to turn my story into a “book.” I still have all of my short stories from back then!
Probably chocolate chip ice cream 😀 I love cheesecake, though!
5. Favorite color? Why?
Hmm… I actually haven’t thought of my favorite color in a long time. It used to be purple and I think it still is.
6. What do you do when you’re stressed?
I read, because reading is like an escape. I also listen to my favorite music, which probably doesn’t help with its angsty stress-y-ness. Sometimes I even write when I’m stressed, because I think if you’re going through something, and if you incorporate that into your stories, your experiences make the story more realistic. 🙂
7. What blogs do you follow?
What’s with these crazy questions?! Lol, I follow many blogs. Many, as in many. There are so many terrific bloggers out there, and I enjoy all their posts ^.^
8. Would you rather visit the future or the past?
With all these dystopian books I’ve been reading, they’re kind of making me reluctant to want to visit the future >.< I think, right now, I’d visit the past, to see what things were like. Not too far into the past, though. (You guys already know what decade I’d visit if I could, haha!)
9. Cats or dogs?
I can’t choose! I think… dogs. Don’t get me wrong, I love cats, too, but dogs… they’re dogs. I love dogs.
10. Any favorite quotes?
I have a few, but I’ll show you this one:
“If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” –J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
11. Favorite place in the world?
I think my room…? Haha, I have no idea. I have yet to find my favorite place in the world. Favorite fictional place? Hogwarts easily fills that slot 😀 But I do have several other favorite fictional places. I don’t think I’d want to live in any dystopian society, though 😛
And those are the questions! Here are my nominees:
I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Stefani @ Caught Read Handed and The Resurgent Bookworm! Thanks, guys!!! Y’all are awesome 😀 This is an award usually given to bloggers with under 300 followers as an opportunity for readers to learn more about them.
Here are the rules:
List 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you.
Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers with less than 300 followers. You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.
Go to their blog and tell them that they have been nominated!
11 Facts About Me:
My reading schedule varies drastically—sometimes I can read 200 pages in a day, sometimes I’ll read 20 pages in a day. Usually it isn’t like that, though, and I read almost every day.
I’ve become obsessed with Cassandra Jean’s artwork for Cassandra Clare’s The Mortal Instruments.
I have a really, really basic phone. With a numeric pad, and everything, LOL.
My at-home TBR pile is slowly decreasing. I’ve been getting through books faster than usual (“faster than usual” right now means “my normal reading pace” from last year ). My goal for this year is to hopefully read all of the books I own that haven’t been read.
I have this thing with notebooks where I’m constantly changing what I’m going to use it for. So, if I decide to use a notebook for reviews, that only lasts for about two days before I start using it for writing, or for lists of my favorite music. And whenever I make that change, I always have to tear out all the used pages. Don’t ask.
I went through a phase when every day, I would change my handwriting. *shakes head* I’m indecisive…
I’ve been using the same case for my iPod since the day after Christmas of 2011.
I always listen to music playlists at night to sleep. There’s this one playlist on Songza which I’ve been obsessed with for years, called “The Smiths & More.” I think the playlist is only available on their mobile app, though, because I can’t find it on the computer. If you do use Songza, definitely check out this playlist.
I love shirts that show things that I like, like my Quarter Quell shirt or my Green Day shirt. I’m always excited to wear them 😀
I’m impatiently waiting for the release of City of Heavenly Fire. I’m scared about deaths, though. Especially since I saw something on Pinterest… now I’m even MORE scared -.-
I’m curious about how YouTube videos are made and edited and uploaded and stuff. That’s one of the things that runs through my mind every time I watch something on YouTube, haha.
Because I was nominated by two lovely bloggers, I’m going to answer both of their questions!
1. Why did you start blogging? Did you read a book that pushed you into it like I did?
I started blogging because I wanted to share this Harry Potter fanfiction I’d written. It probably wasn’t the best writing in the world (you should have seen my original notes—no paragraphs, no chapters, WORDS EVERYWHERE), but I wrote like crazy, and it was pretty long. I then started writing my second (finished) fanfiction, and that took me five months. I needed something else to blog about during that time, because I really didn’t want to abandon the blog. So, I got the idea to start doing book reviews!
2. What’s your least favorite book-to-movie adaptation? Most favorite?
My least favorite? A Series of Unfortunate Events didn’t go very well. My most favorites are the Harry Potter movies. I remember always being so joyful when I noticed that ABC Family was doing the HP marathon 😀 My most recent favorite, however, is the Divergent movie. That movie… it made me laugh, made me tear up, gave me chills. It was amazing.
3. If you could live inside any book, what would it be?
I’m not choosing any dystopian books, because despite the fact that there is conflict in every book, dystopian conflict is not my type. I’d probably have a breakdown living like that. Aside from my obvious choice, HP, I would really like to live in the Bloodlines world! OMG what if I got my own Adrian? 😀 😀 😀
4. What’s your go-to book to reread?
I actually haven’t reread a book in a long time, but honestly, my go-to book to reread would be something of Lauren Myracle’s. Anything, really. She’s one of my absolute favorite authors (I’ve said that a million times, haven’t I?).
5. What’s your most recently read favorite book?
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. I just started Never Fade, and I’m already getting the case of the feels XD
6. If you could meet any author, dead or alive, who would it be?
Rick Riordan would definitely be fun to meet! Of course, I’d probably get really nervous and contemplate backing out (that happened to me once on this ride at an amusement park—and it probably wasn’t even that scary).
7. Who is your favorite book boyfriend/girlfriend?
You already know about Adrian, so let’s go with Daemon Black from the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. That boy ❤ Of course, I could make you a whole list of my book boyfriends 😀
8. Where is your favorite place to read? Do you have a book nook/reading chair? Do you read in bed?
I don’t really have a specific place to read. I can read anywhere, I think, given that it isn’t too noisy. I read on the couch in the living room, my bed, the chair at the table. Anywhere that’s a comfortable reading environment. I totally wish I had this, though:
9. Have you ever bought a book based just on its cover? Were you disappointed?
I usually don’t buy books just based on the cover, because normally when I go to the bookstore, I’m on a mission to find a certain book. I do this at the library, though. One of the books I’ve picked up based on its beautiful cover was Fallen by Lauren Kate. Didn’t really enjoy it, probably because of the female protagonist’s Bella-like tendencies.
10. Do you have one book that you attribute for creating your love of reading?
Hmm… I’m not sure, really. I don’t remember too much about my past way, way back with reading. I remember that in my first and second grade classes, our teacher would bring out this “library” at a certain time of year, which was really just a plastic box with some books in it, like Black Beauty and books like that. It was really exciting for us because she would make us “library cards,” and we got to take the books home in big Ziploc bags and she would give us rules like, “Don’t read at the dinner table” or “make sure you wash your hands before you read the books.” It taught us how to respect books and etc.
I don’t know if this experience really created my love of reading, but I was always encouraged to read.
11. Because I’m a wanderer at heart: if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
This probably sounds cliché, but I really would love to travel to England, and it’s because of Harry Potter. That series opened so many new doors for me and gave me so many new ideas.
The Resurgent Bookworm’s Questions:
1. What made you start blogging?
My love of writing stories made me start blogging. Although I’ve stopped uploading stories to my blog, I’m still always thinking of ideas and writing on my laptop 😀
2. One author whom you absolutely adore (to the extent where you’ll pick a fight with someone who criticizes that author)?
J.K. Rowling. Haha, yeah, I know a few people who criticize her and her books, dismissing them as “stupid” when they haven’t even picked one up. And I’m like:
I mean, it’s okay to not like them after you’ve read them. But you can’t just say, “Oh, I don’t like that,” without actually trying it.
3. Is there any book which you picked up based on the blurb but then felt let down when you actually read it?
I was pretty disappointed with The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers, but the sequel was pretty good.
4. How did it all start? What is the one book that set you on the path to being a bookworm?
I’m really not sure what book it was that made me love reading. I loved reading as a kid, and the love for reading kind of dimmed when I got a little older, but then it blossomed again. And then it exploded and left behind me, a bookwormy fangirl who is running out of space for her books 😀
5. Your take on all genres—should people be open to all types or content with their favorites?
Here’s my opinion: Reading should be an enjoyable hobby. It shouldn’t be a task. To be able to enjoy it, you have to find what suits your taste, or what genres you like. I don’t think it would hurt to be open to other genres, however. I haven’t read many genres, as I tend to stick to middle grade or YA. But one day, when I feel like it, I’ll read adult books and maybe even NA. But really, I think people should read what they’re most comfortable with.
6. The top three books you would recommend to any bookworm willing to listen (like myself, for example)?
Here are three random books that I enjoyed:
True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet by Lola Douglas
Thief Eyes by Janni Lee Simner
The Originals by Cat Patrick
Go check these out!!!
7. Your most favorite and least favorite book-to-movie adaptations?
The Percy Jackson attempts were my least favorite. I’m sorry. But when I saw the brunette Annabeth, I was like, “Who dis?” LOL. My most favorite (along with Divergent) is The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Another brilliantly done movie. Am I the only one who’s Team Gale?
You know what other movie was bad? I just thought of it: Inkheart. Okay, the books? BRILLIANT. Cornelia Funke is amazing, and I love her books. Absolutely adore. The movie? Ehh….
At the author signing I went to a while back, even Cornelia Funke said she wanted to die when she saw the movie. They changed SO MUCH! Maybe because they weren’t planning on making a sequel…? I don’t know. All I know is, that movie was highly disappointing compared to the amazing books.
8. Movies or TV shows you would watch a hundred times?
I don’t watch too much TV, but I love Monk, House M.D., old reruns of General Hospital (I’m not too crazy about these new episodes. *GH spoilers* AND I CAN’T BELIEVE AJ’S GONE!!! FOR REALS THIS TIME! *end of spoilers*), Nashville, George Lopez, House of Anubis (wasn’t too crazy about the third season of that show, but I loved the first and second seasons).
9. Have you ever wanted to be a character from a book?
So many times. You don’t know how many times I’ve wished I could wield magic or a weapon and be a warrior or something 😀 I used to collect sticks that were awesome wands and I even made my own paper wands during my HP obsession.
10. It’s raining cats and dogs outside and you have run out of books. What would you do?
Well, if we’re talking about physical books, I’d pull out my Kindle and read one of the many freebies on there, lol. Though, on Christmas, I accidentally bought World After by Susan Ee, so… I’d read that!
But if we’re talking about running out of every form of reading material, I’d probably listen to music or write or something. Or catch up on my favorite shows 😀
11. What are your guilty pleasures in books/TV/movies/even food?
I don’t know if I have any “guilty pleasures” that have to do with what’s listed above. I suppose for books, I wouldn’t mind rereading Twilight. That’s the only book from that series I really enjoyed. Eclipse wasn’t so bad, either, but New Moon and Breaking Dawn were disasters for me.
For TV, Star-Crossed is becoming a guilty pleasure, haha. It’s so cheesy! I just saw yesterday’s episode, and good GAWD, could Emery get any more cliché? Ooh, remember High School Musical? She reminded me of Gabriella from the second movie.
Can’t think of any guilty pleasure movies… but one of my guilty pleasure foods are Cheez-It crackers. I love those things. I could eat a whole box by myself. Heh.
WOOOOW that was long! And we’re still not finished! I still have to nominate some peeps and ask them some questions:
1. Do you have a favorite decade for music? Do you enjoy today’s music?
2. What is the first electronic you received/bought?
3. What do you think is the best post you’ve written?
4. What do you do when you feel overwhelmed with too much stuff to do?
5. What are your favorite books/foods/music at the moment?
6. Did you ever have a bad habit that you overcame? (Mine was biting my nails!)
7. If time machines were created, what year would you travel to? Why?
8. What was the first social networking site you joined?
9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
10. What book have you read that, upon finishing the book, you thought, “This had potential, but there were a lot of things I would change”?
11. What is your favorite Internet radio app? (I’m in love with Spotify!)
Y’all are awesometastical if you read all of this! This was one loooong post 😀 Once again, thank you to the bloggers who nominated me for this award! And nominees, if you participate, have fun with the questions!
Recently I was nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award, and it makes me so happy every time I’m nominated for an award. It’s great to know that others enjoy my posts and visit back to read more 😀 Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!Thank you to Eileen @ Bookwormstothemax for nominating me for this award! Her blog is amazing, so go check her out!
The Beautiful Blogger Award is an honor bestowed by fellow bloggers to show how much they love reading your blog and appreciate the beauty in your words.
Here is my shiny new award:
Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo.
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them.
Nominate 7 (yes, only seven) other bloggers and say a little something about them.
Chiara @ Books for a Delicate Eternity — I love, love, love Chiara’s blog! Everything about it—the title, the theme, the content—is 100% awesome. Of course, all of you guys are awesome 😀 I discovered the 2013 End of Year Book Survey through her blog at the end of last year, and I participated in it, and it was so much fun!
Nirvana @ Nirvana’s Pocketful — Nirvana has a great blog, and I enjoy reading her crafts posts, as well as her stories. I think she has a fantastic imagination—go check her out!
Marianne and Jennifer @ Boricuan Bookworms — Marianne and Jennifer’s blog is a new discovery of mine, but I’ve been visiting their blog a lot lately. I love their reviews, and their Fashion by the Book memes. I’d never thought of putting together book-themed outfits until I started reading their posts. Now I think about book-themed fashion quite a lot, lol.
Cook’s Reviews — Another new favorite blogger! I particularly enjoy her book hauls. I love reading people’s book hauls and recognizing a book and saying, “YOU MUST READ!!!” And, of course, I love it when others do the same to me, haha!
Bella @ Ciao Bella! — One of the things I really enjoy about Bella’s blog is the variety. She’s got book reviews, and recipes (some of which I’m dying to try, by the way), and other fun stuff ^.^
LilaJune @ lilajune’s book saloon — LilaJune is one of the people who got me super excited for Champion, which I was putting off reading for a loooong time. That book. Was. An emotional. Roller coaster. As many ends of trilogies are, but seriously.
Laurel @ The Caffeinated Bibliophile — First of all, awesome title! I think that describes many of us bookish people 😀 I love her reviews and am always enthusiastic to read them.
That’s all for now, dudes! Go check out all of these fantastic bloggers! You’re going to love them 😀
Thanks again to Eileen, who has presented me with this award!
Answer 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
Nominate 11 new bloggers and come up with 11 new questions for them to answer.
Notify your nominees by visiting their blog and commenting.
And here are the questions that Eileen has for me:
1. What is your number 1 bookish dream (meeting a character/author, being a character in a book, and etc.)?
Right now at this time of my life? It would be to meet Leo Valdez from Rick Riordan’s The Heroes of Olympus series. Go, Team Leo!
2. If you could have any power, what would you choose?
Telepathy! I think the concept of mental communication is so cool, and I would love to have that as my power.
3. Who is one author you want to meet most?
J.K. Rowling, the author of our beloved Harry Potter series. Harry Potter is my all-time favorite series, hands down. I have expanded my taste in books, though, and have several other favorite series, but it all comes back down to HP. And maybe she could sign my battered paperback copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. 😀
BUT! She is on my bad list right now, because of that whole thing about Harry and Hermione instead of Romionie… Like seriously. Stop it with the after comments. What’s done is done.
4. What’s your favorite childhood book(s)?
When I was a kid, I used to read The New Adventures of Mary-Kate and Ashley, The Baby-Sitters Club, The Baby-Sitter’s Little Sister,Goosebumps,and the High School Musical books. Crazy, huh? I literally own stacks of the Mary-Kate and Ashley books, both of the Baby-Sitters books, and the High School Musical books. I was OBSESSED. I was pretty young when I started The New Adventures of Mary-Kate and Ashley, so young that I could barely read them when I got them!
5. If you could have lunch with one character (from book/TV show/movie etc…), who would you choose?
I would choose to have lunch with… Winnie Perry from Lauren Myracle’s series, The Winnie Years. I absolutely loved this series, and Winnie was the main character and MC. I’ve read these books so many times, and in another world, Lauren Myracle would be working on Fifteen right now! But I don’t think there’s going to be a Fifteen. D:
6. What’s your favorite quote?
I have a few favorite quotes. Here they are:
“What motivates me is seeing people in the crowd and wondering what they’re going home to and what they’re dealing with, and knowing that for the time being we’re their escape.” ~Hayley Williams
“I don’t see the me that you see. I wish for just a little bit I could climb into you and then you could climb into me and then we could tell each other what we saw there.”* ~Lauren Roedy Vaughn, OCD, The Dude, and Me
“I think that it is very important if you know what you want, understand where you are heading towards, and try your best to get it. It is only when we use our hearts to do it, and fall in love with what we’re doing, that we can really get real determination.” ~Emma Watson
*I think Atticus Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird said something similar.
7. Where do you want to travel to the most?
I want to travel to England. Can you guess what inspired that? Haha, yes, it was Harry Potter.
8. Favorite book for this year so far?
My favorite book this year so far is Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. WHY DIDN’T I READ THIS WHEN I BOUGHT IT?!?! Ughhhh. That book was amazing, relatable, fluffy, and PERFECT. Read it if you haven’t. In fact, if you haven’t read Fangirl, you shouldn’t be on my blog reading this right now—you should be getting your hands on a copy of that book! 😀
9. What fandoms are you part of?
Many! But to name a few: Harry Potter, PJO/HoO, Divergent, The Hunger Games, Vampire Academy. I’m sad when there are amazing books that don’t have much of a following. D:
10. Do you have any OTPs, and if so, who?
Percabeth (Percy and Annabeth, from The Heroes of Olympus), Sydrian (Sydney and Adrian, from Bloodlines), Trisfour (?) (Tris and Four—is that their couple name?—from Divergent), and ROMIONE (Ron and Hermione, from Harry Potter). DON’T TRY TO CHANGE ME, JKR!
11. Who is your favorite character? Why?
My favorite character is… gods, I can’t choose. Okay, I’m going to say one of my favorite characters, and that’s going to be Tris from Divergent. Now, I’m not going to go into details about Tris, but I will say that she’s one of the bravest characters I’ve ever read about.
The fabulous b00kreader has nominated me for the Sunshine Award! Ahh! Twice nominated for this award? In. Sane. But I’m sooo happy! Thank you so much, b00kreader! And be sure to check out b00kreader’s blog here. You’ll have a good time!
Here’s the awesometastic award:
Nice, right? I’m in luuuurve…
These are the rules for accepting the Sunshine Award:
Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you for the award. (I always forget to add the link part when I’m typing the instructions for the awards I receive!)
Display the award in a post and/or on your blog.
Give ten facts about yourself.
Nominate more bloggers!
Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to inform them about the award.
Alright! Here are ten facts…
1. I just recently went to my local bookstore and picked up a hardcover copy of Rick Yancy’s The 5th Wave for $4! I was so excited, because I’ve heard a lot about this book and have heard that it’s really good. I can’t wait to read it!
2. I take pleasure in rearranging my books, and most importantly, giving a detailed commentary about each book while doing so. I haven’t got a bookcase just yet, so I find “creative” ways to display my books.
3. I adore those funny ecards! Have you seen them? Gods, they’re so funny! Here’s an example of what one might say:
“Nothing sets my apocalypse alarm off like a five minute loss of Internet connection.”
“Pet peeve: when someone assumes that when you are reading a book, that you are ‘doing nothing’ and therefore can be interrupted. Repeatedly.”
4. I always buy cheap pairs of earphones and get really mad when one earphone is blown out before I even got a chance to use it.
5. I’ve used the same iPod case for my iPod for almost two years (which is how long I’ve had my iPod).
6. I inwardly squeal joyfully when y’all drop me a comment or like a post or follow me! 😀
7. I’m still figuring out the secret to finishing stories. Starting them is hard, but finishing them is another story (haha).
8. I’m going to get Champion (Marie Lu) soon!
9. I can’t help but secretly admire my “bookshelves” every time I look at them. I wonder how I’ll be when I get an actual bookcase!
10. And last but not least, I like Cheetos with ketchup on them! STOP MAKING THAT FACE!
Haha, so those were my ten facts! Hope you found them as amusing as I did! And now, here are the blogs that I’m nominating:
So those are my nominees! Hope y’all enjoyed this post! Until next time…
P.S. I just finished Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. Oh, gods. Have you frickin’ READ THIS BOOK?! It was like… and I was like… and then… AHHH!!! All I can say is that it was amazing and I can’t wait to post a review!
Hey, guys! I’ve been nominated for the Triplet Awards by the lovely Nirvana! These awards include the Because You’re Fantabulous Award, the Shine On Award, and the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Thank you so much, Nirvana! Be sure to check out her blog here!
Okay, so here are the awards:
Three awards at once?! *jumps up and down for joy*
Here are the rules for accepting the awards:
Thank the blogger who nominated you for the awards.
Display the awards in your post and/or on your blog.
State seven things about yourself.
Nominate more blogs!
Okay. Here are my seven things! (Do y’all remember that old Miley Cyrus song? I think it was called “Seven Things” or something like that… Anyway! Back to the topic at hand!)
1. I “secretly” watch TV shows on my DVD player at night, though I’m pretty sure everyone in my house knows I do it.
2. I used to have a bad habit of biting my nails. Yes. BUT! I overcame the habit! I’m so proud. 😀
3. I’m a book hoarder. But I specialize in library book hoarding. Yep, you heard it here, folks! Here’s what happens–one day at the library, I’m bored out of my mind, maybe in a reading slump. And I glance over at the YA section and run over there with my arms wide open, seeing all the loverly books! (Well… not really. The whole running over is just for the sake of this description!) I get drawn to one book and say to myself, “Hmm. If this book was here, I wonder what other books are here today.” So I keep picking up books until I have, like, twenty books in my arms!
4. I do judge books by their covers. If the cover looks intriguing, I feel like the book should be intriguing, too.
5. I have all of the Harry Potter books, but they’re all crazy. Like, I have three in paperback (that would be the Sorcerer’s Stone, the Order of the Phoenix, and the Deathly Hallows), four in hardcover (the Chamber of Secrets, the Prisoner of Azkaban, the Goblet of Fire, and the Half-Blood Prince), and only two of those hardcovers have book jackets–the Chamber of Secrets and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
6. I keep a notebook with all my favorite lyrics from songs.
7. I’M GOING TO SEE CATCHING FIRE! BA-BAM!
Hahaha! Those were my seven facts. Now, here are the blogs I’m nominating:
I’ve been nominated for another award?! EEEEEK!!! I love receiving awards from my fellow bloggers! This award is called the Sunshine Award, and it was awarded to me by Sara. Thanks, Sara! And be sure to check out her blog, guys!
So here’s this awesome award:
Ahhh, it’s so amazing! 😀
Here are the rules required to accept this award:
Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Answer the questions provided by the blogger.
Nominate five other blogs for the award.
These are the questions Sara asked:
1. What’s the best thing that happened to you this year?
The best thing that happened to me this year was when I realized I could get the books that are “in” at great prices at a second-hand bookstore. The books they sell there are even new, and they mark down the price a couple of dollars. Score!
2. What’s your favorite concert experience?
I’ve actually never been to a concert! Crazy, right?
3. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
The craziest thing I’ve ever done would be doing the Death Flip off the monkey bars back in elementary school. Yeah. That’s how bad I am. XD I’ve probably done something completely crazy before, but at the moment, the Death Flip is the only thing coming to me.
4. What’s your favorite quote?
Well, one of my favorite quotes is:
“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that.” -Albus Dumbledore
5. Tell the story of your life using lyrics from a song.
“But I’m on the outside
I’m looking in
I can see through you
See your true colors
‘Cause inside you’re ugly
You’re ugly like me
I can see through you
See to the real you.” –Staind, “Outside”
I think we’ve all been on the outside looking in, sometimes.
6. A phrase that best describes you.
7. Name three of your favorite bands/singers.
Do rappers count? Haha, if so:
EMINEM (by the way, I heard MMLP2 on YouTube. Amazing…)
It was really hard labeling it to just three. EMINEM is nonnegotiable–he stays at number one on my list, always.
8. Name five places you want to visit.
I think these places were all inspired by books I’ve read!
9. Who’s your favorite fictional character?
Hermione Granger from J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series is my favorite fictional character. I think she is a strong, intelligent female character and I think she’s a fantastic role model. And, of course, she’s part of my favorite series. Okay, so I might be a bit biased 😉
10. Who’s your most hated fictional character?
Hmm… Wow, okay. I don’t like Daniel Gregori from Lauren Kate’s Fallen… I also didn’t like Luce from Fallen… I just didn’t like Fallen.
I hope I answered those alright! And now, for the people I’m nominating: